Web design and development is somewhat old topic now. People are well aware about these. However the importance of these topics is still there as there are advances in both web design and development very frequently. Those who are involved in web design and development should aware of what are the latest trends in both web design development.
In order to keep abreast with the latest trends most beneficial is to have registered on few good related forums.
Then study of related blogs is also worth and should be given some time daily.
Reading magazines containing web design and development related article is the most important thing to keep learning new trends in Web Design and Development
If we go through the history of web design and development:
· The first page uploaded on a web server was just a simple document with black text.
· In late 1990s, websites were designed using colors and text effects.
· Then came the trend of making interactive sites means making visitors to give their inputs to site directly
· Use of HTML, DHTML and Flash was started to create website designs.
· Then came CSS as the table based design was good but it had some limitations; lots of codes to write and implement style on each and every object on the web pages. Solution was introduced in shape of CSS (Cascading Style Sheet). CSS is the latest trend in web design. There are no tables to draw. You can use the div tag to assign styles to any object or component on the web pages
Still new trends are coming up to make websites more efficient and user friendly.
Shahid H. Qadri is internet consultant and affiliated with www.pntglobal.com which is web site designing and development company.